Contract and Procurement Specialist
Anchorage, AK, 99518, United States
Experience: C-Level Management (President, CEO, CFO, etc)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Industry: Professional Services / Consulting - Non IT
Reference ID: 513
Date Posted: 06/15/2021
The Contracts Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of the complete end-to-end contract management process across Client Facilities development, specifically strategic sourcing through contract implementation in a project lifecycle for a clean handover to Operations.
This role works closely with the function leaders, as well as other key stakeholders (i.e. tax, legal, HSE, Social Responsibility, Compliance, etc.) to ensure optimal selection of contractors and manage the delivery of outcomes to support Client's Facilities contract requirements in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop contracting strategies; analyzing and assessing alternative contracting strategies and contracting work breakdown structures as part of optimizing the overall execution strategy; driving/leading strategic sourcing, negotiation and implementation
- Optimize cost/value of the contract with minimal risks to Client, and in accordance with the Client's Policies and Procedures, the Delegation of Authority (DOA) and HSES requirements, with all relevant country specific laws and regulations
- Provide guidance and leadership, including sourcing contractors; drafting commercial documents; issuing tender documentation; disseminating information to applicable personnel for technical evaluation; and carrying out commercial and legal evaluation with functional input where required
- Carry out negotiations with contractors to secure the preferred outcomes, based on the best overall value to Client, while minimizing risks
- Provide guidance and leadership in contracting matters, completing tasks that are fit-for-purpose and beneficial to all involved.
- Work collaboratively with key Client functions when drafting and managing issues during the life of a contract
- Utilize available Client systems to facilitate and manage workflow. Assist in the development and implementation of Vara, leading the Supply Chain and Contracts effort
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of contracting principles, theories and concept
- Project materials management experience
- Knowledge of and experience with lump sum, unit rate, reimbursable contracting including experience of managing fabrication, construction, field services contracts.
- Strong contractor management and contracts administration knowledge and experience
- Negotiations lead experience.
- Proficient in oral and written communication
- Effective interpersonal skills required to interact at all levels of seniority
- Self starter who thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent in an appropriate field
- At least 5 years' broad experience in contracts, purchasing or legal disciplines, with over 3 years' experience with Engineering, Maintenance, Construction, Fabrication and / or Project contracts
- Experience in oil and gas
Executive Assistant to the CEOAnchorage, AK, 99518, United States
Summary: Provide office support in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the company's office. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences, and conference calls Event coordination...Date Posted: 06/15/2021 Recommended
Payroll SpecialistAnchorage, AK, 99501
Private locally opened and operated civil construction company is seeking hard-working and presentable professional, able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a ...Date Posted: 06/16/2021 Recommended
Project EstimatorAnchorage, AK, 99501, United States
Construction season in Alaska has started and we are actively seeking a strong Construction Project Manager for a small and very aggressive construction company that has provided construction services to the southcentral region for decades. Their focus...Date Posted: 06/15/2021 Recommended